Leonardo da Vinci
Leonardo da Vinci supports mobility and innovation projects in vocational education and training and further education. Individuals can do a work placement or other stay abroad – and thus broaden their knowledge and skills. European cooperation projects between institutions and interest groups in vocational education contribute to better quality, attraction and innovation in the European vocational education systems and practices.
- More mobility for people in vocational education and training and in the labour market
- Better project support for people in vocational education and training
- Higher quality, attraction and innovation in vocational education and training
- Improved transparency and recognition of qualifications and skills
- Support of modern foreign languages
- Implementation of ICT
Leonardo da Vinci supports all actors in vocational education, training and further education, for example
- people in vocational education and training and in the labour market
- vocational schools, external educational institutions and educational institutions at intercompany level
- Companies, occupational unions and chambers
- Social partners and their organisations
- Institutions that provide information and counselling regarding vocational education and training
- Research centres
- Higher education institutions – the project results, however, must not be related exclusively to people in tertiary vocational education
- »Mobility« actions enable people to travel abroad to have a learning or training experience
- »Partnerships«: organisations working in the vocational education and training sector from different European countries can work together in various types of small-scale partnership projects; partnerships should involve the business side
- »Multilateral« projects: these are larger-scale actions, with organisations from different countries working together to develop working practices in the vocational education and training sector.
More information regarding each activity can also be found on the webpage of the European Commission.